Friday, July 06, 2007

<rant mode on>
Dammit, Double Dammit, Triple Freakin Dammit!
The gdmfsobrb fevers are back. They've been fairly low grade over the last 3-4 days but last evening and then again today --- in the middle of sleep, no less! --- I got the uncontrollable chills again. I feel like a freakin shivering Chihuahua when that's going on and my temp is quickly shooting up to something stupid before I can even get some Tylenol down to break it.

Today I got up very early and at 10am I decided to go back down for more sleep. I didn't wake up until 3pm, which is good, but in the middle of that 5hrs somewhere I recall being half-awakened by the shivers. They were so bad that I was too cold and too jittery to get up and take anything or even fetch my thermometer to see how high my temp was. All I could do was curl up more tightly in my blanket and hope the warmth would break the fever. It did, since I woke up in a sweat.

The folks at CTC and I cannot figure out what this is. We're chasing but catching nothing. There are NO other symptoms, absolutely nothing to hint at what the root cause of the fevers might be. No infection showing up in any of my blood work or cultures, no burning or itching or painful anything, no rash or hives or whatever. Nothing. Absofreakinlutely nothing.

It's highly annoying and not at all good for someone with a compromised immune system to possibly/apparently have some mysterious whatever running around in the body. Besides, when I have these episodes, they completely wear me out (even more than usual). My body goes through a monster temperature change in a very short period of time and it's like my whole system is involved. I get zapped and when it's over I am toast... okay, soggy toast.

DAMMIT
<rant mode off>

In other news (and because humor is of course one of my coping mechanisms)... I have to stop laying my cell phone down to the right of my laptop. I keep trying to use it as a mouse. Oddly enough, it has no effect on the cursor on screen. hehe

No comments: