Saturday, May 05, 2007

Today's Blog part 1:
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Never marked it much before and not really marking it now except to make sure I stay away from town because it's apparently one big party with a lot of amateur [tequila] drinkers, potentially like New Year's Eve anywhere or maybe St Patrick's Day in Boston, I presume. I have read that Cinco de Mayo is not really a big holiday in Mexico, but has been embraced and blown all out of proportion by US border towns. Cinco de Mayo ("five of May" in Spanish) commemorates the victory of Mexican forces over French occupational forces in the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. It is not, as many believe, Mexico's Independence Day. Wikipedia says that's celebrated on September 16th.

Today's Blog part 2:
In my blog on March 14th, I said my health situation was "beginning to feel like a major detour and I can't find my way back to the highway." I must reiterate that since the reversal was finally done, I found the on-ramp, I am on the road again, I am back on track. All is well and getting better all the time. I'm even beginning to feel my good ol energy building up and radiating once more. Oh yeah, it feels good. ;)

Today's Blog part 3:
Caught 1:11 on Thursday afternoon. Thought maybe that business would cease since the reversal, if it was related to my health. It didn't, so apparently it wasn't. But, you know, coulda just been a leftover?

Today's Blog part 4:
I ventured out to the grocery Friday afternoon to buy fresh food for resuming the 6WBMO eating plan. I stopped at the deli and asked for two pounds of turkey. The deli guy sliced up a pile of turkey and brought it to the scale, having guessed he'd sliced up about two pounds. I could not explain the likely smirk on my face when the actual weight came to... 2.22 lbs. Nor did I explain why I was willing to purchase almost a quarter pound more than I'd requested. I just smiled and told the fellow the overage was okay and I'd take it. Soooooo... whatever it is, it's still there.

No comments: