Thursday, May 24, 2007

Blogging from the back porch this evening. Cool and breezy, very nice. I love the feeling of a breeze across my face and whisping my hair. :) A little birdsong happening out in the big arroyo / retention area between here and the pecan grove.

Last night a couple of rabbits visited near the house. Tonight I saw a lizard! Love those little skitterers. Hope the get really comfy here and I see alot of them as summer progresses.

Feeling really good today. Even had brain power to get some work done for my web clients and paid/organized household and medical bills. Now I'm just weewaxing.

Have had an increase in the peripheral neuropathy. Cold stuff feels that much colder, even painfully so. Possibly twice as strong as after 1st treatment. Thus I am going to start back on Cymbalta. Besides being prescribed for depression, it's used for diabetic neuropathy and HIV patients who experience nerve pain as a side effect of their treatments. A few chemo sites have mentioned it as well.

Starting the Cymbalta now so it has two weeks to get into my system and experimenting to see what changes I'll have in the cold and tingling effects after my 3rd threatment (June 6). As noted, the changes from the 1st treatment to this 2nd one are marked enough that I should be able to tell if there's a difference from what would have been after the 3rd. With any luck, the Cymbalta will mitigate it enough to return the effects to negligible or even make them disappear?

It's still not debilitating in any way, but I can tell from the increase that they weren't kidding about the cummulative nature of the thing. I don't want the full effect after 8 treatments, if I can help it. :)

As an exmaple, when I pick up a Coke can, it was just ultra-cold and tingly last time. This time it's painfully cold and feels like the can has spikes on the surface? Makes me want to drop it. Don't want to make another Coke bomb! or worse yet, a 2-liter Sprite bomb!! yeesh

No comments: