Thursday, May 10, 2007

*slap to forehead* I don't pay attention to the news, not in any medium. It is generally too brutal or depressing for me and and I do not believe it reflects the real world, only the sensational bits that advertisers want to pay for and journalists like to chase.

Sometimes however, I do miss an important tidbit pertinent to my world, like... postal rate increases. Dammit, I JUST bought a roll of 100 stamps, like last week! If there was anything about the increase on the USPS.com page where I bought them, I totally missed it. NOW I have to buy a book of 100 2¢ stamps to go with. That means I'll be double stamping all my mail for about the next six months. *another slap to forehead* Sometimes, Ima Dummy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know anyone that hasn't been caught by a postal rate increase at some point in their life. The timing of the purchase certainly seems painful though. I was pleasant surprised when I recently made a purchase of stamps. Apparently the Canadian postal service has finally realized they were irritating consumers with their increases...the stamps I picked up have no face value to them. They're simply good for sending a letter. Period. Whatever the current postal rate is, they've got it covered. Hooray for intelligence!