Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Wow, had a brain day today. May have been due to a reasonable sleep. Both rare events these days, and surely connected.

How did I use my rare dose of cell-power?
- Pinged the surgeon's assistant twice. Will keep bugging her until they swear my surgery date of the 24th is secure.
- Talked to a mortgage loan company about the possibility of a re-fi on the AR house to ease up our finances a bit til it sells.
- Once again attempted to reconcile the ins co's calculations with the bills I've received. Had better luck after a phone call to the ins co for explanations and some more research on their website to help interpret their glyphs and obscure language.

Of course, now my poor brain is fried, my butt is tired of my computer chair, and I'm anxiously awaiting the microwave beep that tells me my only meal for the day is ready! I was so deeply into reconciling that I just didn't take time to eat.

I'm a happier camper though. I actually accomplished something. Granted, it was essentially a matching game, something like the ones I've been playing on the Zone. But hey, it was productivity. I was absorbed. I was doodling about in Excel and shuffling stacks of papers to get it done! That's kinda skillful, no? :)

No comments: