Saturday, April 28, 2007

Finally found the artist and track from the AMC "anything's possible" ad --- Skye Edwards' Powerful. Just that little clip captures me. I find it soothing and yet full of energy. Had to have the whole song. In fact, after listening to samples from the other tracks, I've ordered the whole album, Mind How You Go. Adding it to my eclectic collection of CDs. It's not precisely the lyrics, but the voice and the music. Once in a while I run across a certain sound that slips in between the cracks of my soul and mends them. Somehow, this music does that for me.

I have no business buying anything unnecessary right now, but I felt the need to buy myself a few gifts, including some items I've had on a wish list for a while. I'm rewarding myself for all I've been through. I'm not completely finished, there's still chemo, but the takedown feels like closure, literally and figuratively.

Besides the Skye CD and a DVD of my most recent favorite movie, Stage Beauty, I ordered some silver charms I've been wanting to add to my necklace: a wee gecko lizard for my desert home, a cute little turtle which is Ghost's spirit animal, and the most significant addition, an ankh symbol, for fairly obviously reasons.

L'chaim :)

No comments: