Saturday, April 14, 2007

If I ever had a second thought about whether or not to do the takedown, it is being erased. For the possible tribulations to come, I have this last bit to remind me of the alternative?

Yes, the notion has crossed my mind once or twice. I mean, compared to the trouble I had that started this whole saga, fooling with the pouch --- when it works --- isn't bad at all. I realize there is the distinct possibility of at least a temporary purgatory to equal or surpass my original complaints, once the altered plumbing is in use again.

Since the first of January, about a month after the big surgery, my apparatus has been working relatively trouble-free. I had developed some trouble with the original style, but an ostomy nurse in Ky introduced me to a different style that resolved the problems.

Yet now, at least a month after the takedown should have occurred... and just a little over one week when it will finally occur.... I'm having trouble again. I've developed raw skin on the area where the adhesive wafer holds the pouch to my body, and I'm having leaks as well... even while my supplies are running very short. I was sure I had enough to cover until the 24th. Well, not at this rate.

It would be nigh impossible to get more supplies within the next week and they come in expensive and excessive quantities. Like I need more expenses? especially wasteful ones? Like I need more stress?? I've started praying that I'll have enough, or can make do with some unused samples I was given in the initial kit which were passed over previously because they weren't quite right.

I'm trying not to whine. I'm trying to think of it as a positive thing, like comparison for future reference, as noted above.

But dayam... it feels like two steps forward and one back, over and over again. This is reviving my annoyance over the delays because I can't help but think how this wouldn't have been possible if the reversal had occurred as originally scheduled.

*sigh*

What the hell are the planets doing to me and when are they gonna quit it? (Hey, gotta blame something.)

No comments: