Sunday, April 01, 2007

Virtual Fridgewear aka I Did This:
Legend of Zorro, sequel to Mask of Zorro, starring Anotnio Banderas *drool* ... ahem... Where was I? OH, there's a symbol the bad guy uses which I thought was pretty neat. SOMEday I want to do up our living room / dining room with an 'olde worlde' flair and I thought maybe the symbol would fit into that scheme along with prints of antique maps, etc. Besides, the thing caught my attention and gave me something to do for a day.

Here's the only copy of the original I could find of the "Orbis Unum" (one world) symbol - serpent wrapped around a stylized Earth. Someone did a video capture from the film.

I fixed it up in Photoshop to make it 'flat', then printed it, then penciled over it for texture and shading. I also colored a copy, seeing as how I have a box of Prismacolor pencils sitting in my art supplies.

Although the colorful one is cool, I think maybe the sienna one would be better in the 'olde worlde' scheme? We'll see. It was fun to play anyway.

PS - Gotta love the LexMark all-in-one printer/copier/scanner. Excellent tool!

No comments: