Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Got pre-op tests done today: bloodwork, chest xray, EKG. No big deal, standard stuff to clear me for surgery. Fortunately could do it in LC and even more fortunate to catch the med center departments at the right time so I had minimal waiting.

Needed to get it done this far ahead so results can be sent to the surgeon in Albqq and we have time to make adjustments, if needed, like iron supplement if I'm anemic, or whatever. I think I should be in pretty good shape physically and I'm certainly more than ready psychologically for the takedown.

Also made first contact with the new local cancer treatment center to get ready for followup chemo. They're supposed to be state-of-the-art. I want them to be ready for me as soon as I am ready for them. Made an appointment for initial consultation on the 19th. Hoping this gets the ball rolling early enough to start the chemo asap after recovery so I can be DONE with all these phases.

No comments: