Sunday, June 24, 2007

Caught 3:33 this afternoon. *shrug* Walked into the kitchen and it was staring at me from the microwave.

Did I mention I finished the VHS conversions? Took the box of good tapes and a decent VCR to Goodwill. We still have another VCR for Spouse's tape collection, which is honestly too disgusting to discuss. Not my thing but he's welcome to it.

Now I'm enjoying a few days of nostalgia as I convert the audio cassettes for CD burning. I have said before that my taste in music is eclectic. For example, I copied Black Sabbath's Master of Reality shortly before the Carpenters' Singles album. hehe Doing a Peter, Paul & Mary tape now. I think Queen's Greatest Hits is next. Yep, all over the scale. I'm glad I have a slim cassette collection. Some years ago I started replacing them with CDs when I'd catch 'em at a good price.

I have never been what I'd call an avid buyer of movies or music. I tend to only get the stuff that really really grabs me like an obsession, or for a musical group I settle for an anthology of their best. Can't think of any artist or group for whom I own everything they ever did. Everyone has best, good, and not so much.

No comments: