Sunday, May 02, 2004

House House HOUSE. I am doodling in PhotoShop, and in my head, furnishing and decorating a house I haven't even seen in real life. It's a 7-hour drive from here, so I can't stop by, I can't walk through it. I may not see it before I arrive there to let the movers in. I have several photos, a really lousy copy of the -possible- floor plan, and spouse's descriptions during the scouting walk-thru.

I am anxious, and yes, excited. I want to go there and START, but I can't do that until I FINISH here. It's perturbing. We're still wading through paperwork on the new house, like hunting up someone to insure the place since our present insurer doesn't/won't cover it. I dunno what all spouse is filling out and filing from that side.

And this water-nightmare here.... We've sprung a more vicious leak. Since Ghost appropriately filled in a crack in the cement floor of the basement, it has become obvious that the minor rainwater problem we thought we had here was actually major. Previously, the water was draining down into that floor crack. Now it's a standing pool with no where to go. Did I mention that the last two weekends have brought torrential downpours?

I called one of the popular waterproofing companies here to come give me an estimate. They say they cannot fix it. Fortunately they gave me the name of another company which -might- be able to do something. They also suggested that I check with our insurance company to see if there is coverage. They were doubtful though. So was the insurance company when I called. Then the doubt turned into a firm 'No' after the adjuster came for a visit. This is not good.

We do not have thousands of dollars to fix this problem AND put the down payment on the new house. We'll have to see what this other company says about the fix and do more logistical pretzeling to somehow get both houses done. There are options and we will find a way to work it out. I know this, but already I have a headache just thinking about what kind of machinations will have to take place before it's through.

My back is aching from all the juggling.

I need to hand Ghost some nicely scented oil and let him do some real handiwork?

Now there's a thought.

No comments: