Wednesday, June 09, 2004

June 9th is my birthday. Happy Birthday to Me ;) Ghost bought us a lottery ticket. If the universe is looking for gift ideas, 21 million would be a really nice present. I could do a lot of marvelous things for a lot of marvelous people with my half of that.

This moving thing is grinding down at last. I'll likely be camped out in this empty house til Friday afternoon, but it's nearly all ready for me to GO. Got the carpet steam-cleaned today. Ghost was here too and will be here again tomorrow to finish up remaining TO DOs. The realtor is coming Thursday afternoon. Ghost plans to be here briefly on Friday to send me on my way. I plan to fill the interim hours with rest. I could use some 'null and void' time. I feel like my mind has been awhirl for months, since Spouse first mentioned sending out his resume.

Ghost is still looking for actual employment. We want him to get to Ark as well. That can progress now that my business is off the agenda. I would not have waylaid him for the world, but the circumstances were there. It has been a fantastic opportunity for both of us. His spouse has been grateful for the cashflow to supplement unemployment.

It feels like the transition is fading into whatever phase comes next. I think I'm ready. I am certainly willing. As one of my favorite poems says, I lean upon the window sill of heaven and, with that picture in my mind and heart, turn strong to meet the day.

Just a little bit of recovery time, so I can catch up with myself, and then... I'm good to go.

No comments: