Sunday, February 18, 2007

I can do stuff!

Got the expected help Saturday so all the furniture is in place now. Spent the rest of the day cleaning the china cabinet (lots of mirror and glass) as well all the crystal and china, then loaded up the cabinet. It's beautiful, like jewelry for the great room. SO great to be able to finish a task!

Next up is unpacking boxes of CDs, DVDs and VHS tapes to then be loaded into the living room entertainment center. Can also work on cleaning and loading up a second hutch which I'm actually using as a library unit in the sitting room. Got boxes of books for that one. Needs a shelf though. When we bought it cheap at a furniture auction, part of the reason for the great price was a missing glass shelf. Still, I can at least pile up all the books there and be done with more boxes!

There are also doors and drawers in the hutch for storage of other crap I don't want on display or cluttering closets. Another bonus... and more empty boxes!

All of this relieves a bit of the tension from being stalled out otherwise. YES!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for progress!

Yay for the little bits that get us going in the direction we want. I'm learning about these little things. I'm learning to put away my sledgehammer... though I still keep reaching for it.