Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Good News: I'm feeling good. Resting a lot and being careful otherwise so I don't rupture anything. Healing continues and I'm okay with the ileostomy for as long as I have to put up with it.

Bad News: I'm in a holding pattern on two fronts (body, houses) which is the source of my lack of focus or concentration on anything else. Too much keeps churning in my head and I keep cycling back to "Can't yet." or "Don't have enough info yet." or "Money isn't there yet." blah blah whirl spin churn

Waiting for appointment with surgeon to discuss ileostomy reversal. Appt scheduled for Feb 27th at which time I presume we will set the date for the surgery which should be as soon as the surgeon and hospital are available. Was supposed to do it in early March but with the initial surgeon meeting so late in February I don't know how quickly it can happen.

Post-reversal chemo is also a relative unknown. Will begin after I'm recovered and may continue for 6 months. Not pleased with what I was told to expect, ie more traditional megadose every two weeks (thus spread out so I can recover from serious and debilitating effects?). I am anxious to discuss options and maybe get a better idea of what./when/how and push for more humane option like I had before, ie the fanny pack delivering constant small doses 24/7. My body and spirit tolerated that very well. We'll see.

Still waiting for the other house to sell before I can get much needed furniture here and do other much desired decorating. Can't even ponder these things while effectively paying two mortgages (but that doesn't keep me from doing it!). Also been waiting on help to move the current furniture into correct places, but that should happen this weekend. Spouse has contracted some day labor to come on Saturday and help with those moves.

So, I'm kinda revved up mentally but idling in reality. That's tough for me. I freely admit I am woefully short on patience.

Addendum: Forgot to be thankful for the ability to pay for both houses, even if it leaves us without any discretionary funds. I'm glad we -can- do it. Also more thankful than expressed about feeling good and being functional while in limbo :)

No comments: