Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Sorry for my extended awayness, both here and on IRC. I've been feeling pretty good except for being tired. I assume this is my body restoring the good cells lost in the chemoradiation therapy. As such, I have been trying to eat properly plus supplementing with vitamins and plenty of water, as well as lots of sleep.

Had an appointment with the surgeon today. The plan is to admit me on Dec 6th for prep then surgery on the morning of Dec 7th. I will not accept any negative connotations from that date :) With the help of anesthesia, I may get to spend 3-4 hours on a peaceful beach in Hawaii though! hehe

Before dawn's early light on this upcoming morn, I will be getting on a plane and heading to Ky for Mom & Dad's 50th Anniversary weekend. Very much looking forward to that! and being Home. I've been away since Labor Day weekend. Too long, despite Mom and Dad's visit in October. I'll be flying back on Monday, the 20th.

Incredible coincidence tomorrow, my middle brother (who is coming in from KC) and I will be on the same connecting flight from Memphis to Lex! I look forward to traveling with him. I don't get to see him often.

One more thing, for which I ask sincere prayers and best thoughts... The surgeon cannot guarantee I can be put back together to function normally, ie, there is still a possibility of a permanent colostomy. I know that with my will I would eventually learn to deal with that, if that were the outcome, but with all of my being I ask for a better result. I know there must be changes, but the possibility of that change seems almost too much for me to contemplate. It's just something I won't know, cannot know for sure, until I wake up from the surgery. Please wish with me that I receive good news.

1 comment:

Ernie said...

You have my every prayer.