Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Mom & Dad's renewal wedding ceremony and reception were fan-freakin-tastic! My siblings and their spouses were the groomsmen and bridesmaids. Their children were Jr of same and both the boys and girls ushered in guests. The youngest male grandchild, Spencer, was the ring bearer. The youngest girl grandchild, Royce, was the flower girl. So the bridal party and MVP guests ranged from Royce (3 yrs old) to Grandma (95). It was all perfect... the weather, the crowd of visitors, the food at the reception, etc and so on.

Mom and Dad were SO precious! I'll have pictures to post later, but trust me when I say that Mom had found the perfect white lace dress and Dad was a stunner in his black tux. They exchanged adjusted vows and rings, then read parts of song lyrics to each other ("Remember When" by Alan Jackson).

My sister created a slide show for the reception. It was a joyful tear jerker. She had pictures of our family from the whole 50 years Mom and Dad have shared together. My niece had compiled three CDs of music Mom selected, oldies and goodies for background and dancing at the reception.

Mom was a queen for a day, with her handsome king by her side. It was definitely an event of a lifetime. Everyone who participated and attended knows exactly how terrific these two people are. Their praises were repeated and echoed all day.

I caught a lot of attention since Mom and Dad have apparently been telling on me and my condition. Loads of folks told me I looked great (I think they expected death warmed over? hehe) and that I am in their prayers and good thoughts. I soaked it all in. Can't hurt, will likely help ;)

Now I gotta get rested up from all that excitement and travel so I can manage the movers at the end of the month and the surgery the next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful to be a part of something so grand... two people, 50 years, and a lot of love.

And just so you know... you are not just in my thoughts, but in my heart. Always.