Thursday, November 02, 2006

Great News! Today will be my last radiation treatment. I already got rid of my chemo fanny pack on Wednesday. So, I'm finishing Phase I.

Bad News: I am fried, cooked, burned, blistered... in my most tender parts. I didn't know it was possible to have such seering pain while urinating and still be conscious. Seriously. Despite a whole collection of various creams and regular doses of narcotic pain relievers and functional sedatives, one cannot pee on open blisters without incredible pain.

I'm reminded of the Cold War days when idle debates led to wishes for being at ground zero in the event of a nuclear blast. Absofukinglutely a good idea. Getting vaporized would be much favorable to trying to live with radiation burns. I speak now from experience.

I am ready for healing to begin. I am ready for the break I get in November. I'll deal with the surgery when it gets here. For now, I'm focused on recovering from what has already transpired.

No comments: