Saturday, April 29, 2006

It's starting to annoy me, mostly because I feel it may mean something but I don't know what.

Examples, in no particular order:
~ I stepped into the dark bedroom where the only visible thing was the red LED of the cable box and it said the time was 2:22.
~ I futzed around in the kitchen with my dinner until I finally sat down to eat in front of the TV and when I looked up with the remote in hand to flip it on, I saw that cable box showing 5:55.
~ I fiddled with the car radio, watching the digital dial go through the settings and channels, then I settled on a tune and when the display flipped back to the time, it was 3:33.
~ Napping in the bathtub, eyes slowly open, there's the clock glowing on 4:44.

Yes, I've seen 1:11 as well. I've caught all of them, multiple times. It's not like I'm a clock watcher. I know that once a person is 'sensitive' to a thing, it tends to catch more attention, but dayam, it's not like I'm frequently checking the time and those numbers just stand out in the procession. They're smacking me in the face.

So, I say to the Universe: WHAT? I SEE it. What of it? What's it mean? What do you want? You have my attention, dammit, so SPEAK or quit tapping me! I'm already pissed about the silence over this damned move. Clue me in or stop BUGGING me!

1 comment:

Ernie said...

I'm not usually one to act out on these things, but I was just catching up on my blog reading. When I read this posting, something in me told me that you need to speak to your grandmother. Not that it's bad...not that it's good...just give her a call. Maybe it'll just answer some question.