Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I have often been amazed at the insights I get from Astrology, not only about me but about others. I don't think Astrology tells us what IS or what WILL BE, so much as it points out tendencies and potentials. It could be quite useful information and I take it under advisement.

I subscribe to a freebie daily horoscope from Astrocenter.com. I don't plan my day around it, but it makes for an interesting read, and maybe even a useful perspective on the possibilities.

Today, however, I feel they nailed me. When I set modesty and humility aside, I know this to be true:
"You can capture the hearts of the people around you by surprising them with unexpected anecdotes from your past. Realize that you have the power to make a significant transformation in someone's life - maybe even your own. Don't underestimate your gift of communication. Most people don't have your connections or quick-witted mind. Use these qualities to your advantage by spreading your unique knowledge of the nature of people."

That's what I do. It's who I am. While journeying in my own human experience, I enjoy watching the journeys of others. I see things, in their essense, in their connectedness. And, as a communicative Gemini, I sure love talking or writing about it. But I don't like lectures or preaching, so I very often share anecdotally or metaphorically. If I have a gift, I think it's being able to gently help folks see themselves and each other a little better, in a better light even. I hope I do it ever so light-handedly, mostly by sharing what I've experienced or what I feel I've learned, sometimes even as I myself discover it.

As for transforming people, I've called it many things, but mostly I think of it as finding silver linings, or finding the precious metals in the ore. It's the same sort of thing for which elemental mercury can be used and I don't think it's a coincidence that I am a Gemini, ruled by the quick planet Mercury, and whose element is the fluid metal mercury.

Often it's no more than sharing a different perspective, a different set of possibilities. Sometimes I just shine a light on options that others had not seen. It is often enough to turn around a situation, an attitude, and move it in a more positive direction.

That is my hope anyway, that whatever effect I may have, it is for the benefit of individuals, including me, and ultimately All.

Sappy, yeah. Some may find it hard to believe it's possible to be truly altruistic. I benefit surely enough. It feels good to do good, or even just to try. Sosume.
~

No comments: