Thursday, June 09, 2005

2x2x2x2x3=48 Birthday's are funny. We really only have one per lifetime. It's the anniversary of the birth day that we're celebrating or bemoaning. Forty-eight years ago, I officially incarnated, probably for the umpteenth time.

Per Merriam-Webster (M-W.com), being incarnate is to be "invested with bodily and especially human nature and form; made manifest or comprehensible; embodied".

Comprehensible? hehe Perhaps in a preception sense. I can be perceived by other incarnated beings. I like the phrase "made manifest". That suits my belief system. Forty-eight years ago, on a Sunday afternoon, through the labors of my mother, the energy or spirit that is Me, manifested into human form, breathed life independently for the first time. That was my birth day. Everything since then has been me playing around in this lab of experience.

I kinda like it. I think I'll stick around for a good while longer. And when this run is over, I'll see if I want to sign up again. I have the feeling I've signed up innumerable times before. Must be something to it.
~

No comments: