Friday, October 20, 2006

Four of six weeks of chemoradiation completed! Amazing how fast this seems to be going. I've picked up a side effect, extremely tender skin in the radiated area, but I was forewarned and I'm taking the suggested measures to mitigate that.

This is going so well so far that I'm tempted to ask the chemo oncologist if I'm in some kind of secret control group and only getting a placebo. I mean, I've had no noticeable effects yet which I would attribute to the chemo. The only thing I've seen is a bit of change in my blood levels, but I don't -feel- those. *knock on wood* Hope I get to the finish with so little effect and that the post-surgery chemo goes as well.

I really think attitude is a primary factor in coming through this thing. I still feel very positive about the treatments because I'm -doing- something to get cured. I feel good about the whole game plan, not only for my body but for the household moves, etc.

I just feel good, despite all the associated discomforts that are still there and are developing. I'm not saying I'm up to full energy like a completely well person, but damn I feel great for someone with cancer and getting chemoradiation. My attitude has got to help. In any case, it's easier to live through it all with an upbeat attitude than if I moped around all day dreading what may be next.

I thank my parents for giving me the skills to accentuate the positive. It's about the most valuable coping mechanism I have for all of life, and especially through a period like the current one. It works ;) I highly recommend it.

No comments: