Sunday, March 05, 2006

RE 2/22... There was a 7.0 quake in Mozambique, but I dunno why I'd need to be grounded for that and it certainly wouldn't have been related to Spouse's trip. So... *shrug*... whatever. Maybe it was just the weather thing. Maybe it was a string of coincidences (although, as I've oft mentioned, I don't believe in them.)

On the topic of quakes though, I've noticed there's a bit of an upswing in the frequency of big quakes ever since that Mozambique one. Ripple effect perhaps. Nothing catastrophic so far and mostly in remote areas or offshore.

As for the travel, it went on. I enjoyed my week Home, as always. Got to spend a day with Mom and Grandma. It was mostly shopping, which I hate, but it was okay because of the company. Also had an errand which I only half accomplished. Did I mention that my MiL gave me her wedding china and crystal, as well as permission to sell it? Easier said than done. She gave it to me at Christmas and I'd left it at Mom and Dad's house. This trip was partly for packing that up properly and seeing where I might sell it there. The answer is nowhere, apparently. All the local sellers of such things recommended trying Replacements.com and I'd already checked with them. They buy for pennies and sell for big dollars. Not the deal I was looking for. I guess I'll try eBay. I'm not looking forward to it. But, at least I got it packed up and now it's stacked here and waiting.

In regards to me and my busted arse... It's still busted. I don't know if it's getting better (by very small increments) or if I'm getting used to it, gradually. It's still quite unpleasant and quite the hassle trying to be functional. Pain-in-the-ass just doesn't cover it. My latest theory is that maybe it's tied into perifuckingmenopause. There's a possibility that reduced hormone levels, which I already had due to some other stuff, have become low enough to interfere with the process. If so, I'm fighting a battle with my body chemistry which I cannot win. Can't investigate that either until we get employed and on insurance so we can afford the lab work.

And, speaking of employment... none as yet. Still hoping for the move back near Home, but prospective employers are never in as big a hurry to git-r-done as the prospective employee. So, we'll see.

That's the news from Lake Woebegon.

No comments: