Monday, March 27, 2006

It has begun. I'm selling some stuff on eBay (the china and crystal etc from MiL mostly), picked up an initial load of boxes from UHaul and started filling them, sorting my fat clothes outta the closet for charity, cleaning and staging for realtor pix and showings when we're listed in a week or two.

I'm very glad that I did a lot of weeding and sorting during the last move. Much less to contend with.

Financially, we were pretty much down to our last bean. Honestly, I pat myself on the back for managing to survive four whole months without the bulk of our income. Here at the last, with a little help from family, my webwork contributions, tax refunds, and cashing out a 401K, we should be in good shape until income flows regularly again. I was a little worried that I'd have to wait for funds to do anything about the move then get stuck in manic mode with deadlines. Thankfully, that shouldn't happen now.

Healthwise, I'm taking this slow and easy. I'm sure there will be a push now and then, but I'm not going to unless I really have to. My BP is chemically under control despite the shifting but still tough stress factors. My remaining ailment is just not going to get fixed until after the move when I'm on insurance again. I'll have to work around it and pamper myself as much as I can in between.

Reckon I'll survive this. I've done it before. And, when I get to the desert, reckon I'll find a way to bloom where I'm planted. (Although, I still want some damn answers from the Universe on WHY.)

No comments: