Monday, November 21, 2005

Unpleasant Week. Thursday night, I was in the E/R. I've been having some difficulties for months, trying to track down the problem(s) and self-medicate and all that... to no avail. I finally surrendered. Before panic sets in, it's not really serious, just ugly to live through. TMI: I thought I had chronic diarrhea with unknown cause. In truth, I was full of shit and got xrays to prove it. Literally, my entire colon was full, one end to the other. So now I am finally, slowly, and to be honest, painfully, moving 5-6 ft of golf balls... well, I told you, TMI. I will not be a happy camper for some time, on top of not being a happy camper for a long time already, and so on.

Incidental to this, but in my opinion, related to it, my BP was also very ugly. This has been a very stressful thing for months and will be stressful until it's cleared up. SO.... I am also on BP med, low grade, at least for now. Beats stroking out.

What else? Oh, yes. My spouse, whom I love dearly... more than ever... as he has been an immense comfort and help during my trials.... Well... he came home this evening and gently told me he is once again unemployed. (Yes, we are glad I got on the BP meds, I may need them more than the doc knew when prescribed.)

At the moment, I am either too focused on the more immediate personal physical hardship, or I'm in denial, or I just know that we've been here before and we made it and... what happens will happen. Spouse is in an industry which is famous for these kinds of changes. This had nothing to do with his performance. It's just the nature of the beast which is subject to the whims of the owners who try to wrangle it.

I was supposed to go Home to Lex for Thanksgiving. I won't now. I can't do what I need to do anywhere but here in my own home. That's an added bit that does not really help, but can't be helped. Good news is, I should be in fine shape by Christmas and if spouse is still free, we can stay a while.

Anyway, that catches you up with my uncomfortable world at the moment. All good thoughts appreciated.

I hope t'hell your life is going better than mine at the moment. Blessings.

2 comments:

Ernie said...

This begs to be said, even if it just momentarily makes you smile.

This, too, shall pass.

Sorry, had to. Frankly, I'm a little surprised you didn't. I'm sorry to hear of all your current problems and Spouse's employment issue. It WILL pass. It WILL get better. Thin of where you've been and how you came through fine.

I'm thinking about you.

Emerald said...

I'll be unoriginal...

Holy Crap :)

Okay so I'll be unoriginal and a wiseacre.

I love you Sister, you'll be fine, although I am kind of wondering who in the cosmic miasma I have to sleep with to garner you a little BREAK!

Hugs and love, and yes I know I suck at writing on my own blog.