Friday, October 15, 2004

I'm molding, shaping, sculpting my own personal environment. This house is wonderful, great bones, but I'm finally able to start making it our home. I've schemed and dreamed since we moved in, even before that when I'd only seen pictures of the place. Now, I'm bringing these plans into reality. It feels GREAT.

I don't have a fortune to spend. A lot of the proceeds from the sale of the other house are going into prudent (and costly) enhancements to the property, BUT, I have enough to work with to make the living space more the way I'd like it. Spouse isn't into decor, although he can appreciate it when it's done. It's mostly to please me and dayam but it's been a long long time since I got to do such things.

I get to create and it feels good! Whether it's assembling ready-made elements, assembling ready-to-assemble furniture, or designing things and making them from scratch... it's all good :)

UPS and FedEx are going to know my address by heart. *grin* I'm awaiting several deliveries while I work on my projects. I've actually enjoyed shopping, even in brick and mortar stores. It's a good time, a fun time, a long overdue time. I am thankful.

No comments: