Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Earlier this year, spouse went into Best Buy and got one helluva deal on an eMachine . It's a mega machine and a media marvel. He really needed a new computer. He's always had to make do with my hand-me-downs and the last one was about to die. I had patched and replaced, but it was seriously limping. I had long been afraid that the monitor was going to literally crash and burn.

Since then, I've been drooling over his flat panel monitor and 160Gb HD.
But now..... I HAVE ONE TOO.

I didn't get the same deal he did, but near it (with rebates). Plus, my flat panel monitor is 17" instead of 15". Muahahahaha! And my processor is a bit faster.

3200+ AMD Athlon XP Processor 2.2GHz
512MB RAM160Gb HD (7200 rpm)
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX upgraded to 8
Built-in 10/100 Ethernet LAN
DVD±RW
CD-RW
multiple media readers, incl flash
upgraded to incl TV and Radio Tuner
AND 17" flat panel monitor!
plus some other wee incidentals, ala media keyboard, mouse, speakers, yadda yadda

And NOW... I get to move all my crap off my old machine and learn all the changes in applications as well as wading through XP

But dayam, this is a niiiiice moochine. *grin!*

No comments: