Sunday, August 29, 2004

So... This week I go Home, at last. I'm going home to see my folks. I haven't been since Easter. I haven't been since before my Dad had his surgery. I'm long, long, long overdue for a trip home, to hug my Mom and Dad, siblings, in-laws and outlaws, nieces and nephews. My 93 yr old Grandma will have her annual family reunion as scheduled, on the Sunday before Labor Day. I'm going there too, and get a big hug or several with her as well.

I talked to Grandma on the phone last weekend. She's an amazing woman. She's got her act together, still. It's been a long-running wonderful show. She's humble and generous and full of common sense as well as outright intelligence. I hope I'm growing up to be like her. My mother's like her, so there's hope it's being passed down. I've gotten a lot from my Dad and his family too. In fact, I've inherited quite a phenomenal legacy from both sides, as far back as I have traced them so far. I'm proud to carry all my ancestors along with me, and they're not a bit heavy. They give me a considerable lightness of being. They've known how to make the best of tough situations, and how to be grateful when the going is easier. Excellent skills.

Anyway, I'm going Home... to get me some more o' that.

And, I'm bringing it back with me. Dad's doing great, so he and Mom are going to come here and see the new place. I'll be glad to have the extra time with them.

No comments: