Monday, April 26, 2004

So far, third time is indeed a charm. Our contract was accepted. Now we start jumping through the firey hoops of mortgage loan acquisition. However, we already did some preliminary work on that. While looking for a property, we shopped for mortgages and obtained a pre-approval, but at a really ugly interest rate. We have a better offer from a more local lender, and now that there's an actual property involved, there will be a bit more detailed paper shuffling.

My enthusiam is dampened by the struggle to get here, but, we do seem to be on the move, literally and figuratively. Our realtor is shooting for a May 25th closing, so I could actually be moved before my birthday on June 9th. I will expect serious celebration, although my idea of that may involve no more than a quiet evening of having to do absolutely nothing.

This also verifies my hoodoo boogity method of trying to find out where we'd end up. I used a pendulum for divination - back and forth for Yes, left and right for No. When I asked about several roads, back around the 2nd wave, I only got a positive answer on one road. So then why has it been such a hassle to find the house?

Well, as my soul-twin-sister Xan has recently pointed out, sometimes it's all about the question.

When I asked, I did not ask about a specific house number. I only asked about the individual roads. The property on the list at that time, on this particular road, was not acceptable when spouse went to see it. It had a fatal flaw, a feature we would not accept. I was very disappointed. I thought the pendulum had deceived me.

We looked at another property on this road in the next wave and again it had a fatal flaw. Again, I was disappointed. Now this is the first time I mentioned the divination thing to the spouse. I thought it was a failed experiment and told him a little about it, ala "I really thought it would be the one on ____ road". He doesn't really believe in my hoodoo booogity stuff anyway. He thinks I'm a weird woman most of the time :) and I have to agree, but we're both okay with that.

In this last wave on Sunday, I was open to any of the new list of properties to peruse. I knew there was one on THE road, but I was determined not to influence it other than assessment of the houses and lots on their own merit. It was actually Spouse who came to the conclusion that the most acceptable property was on THE road, and certainly not for that reason. He liked the look and feel of that one much more than the others. It met more of our list of requirements than the others.

So, it seems I got an answer, the road was right. Had I asked about the actual addresses, the answer might have turned out differently. I shall pose my questions more carefully in future, eh?

Now, on with the show....

No comments: