Thursday, January 05, 2006

A shiny new year. I'll take it, although I'm not entirely sure I will like where it goes? Or more to the point, where *I* go, if in fact I am called to go, which I'm hoping is only a temporary mirage and that I will not be asked to move at all. But...

Spouse's job hunt continues. It was veritably stalled during the holidays. Now it looks like he will be going to Oregon next week for a job interview which could land us in west Texas? For the record: I DO NOT WANT TO MOVE. I DEFINITELY DO NOT WANT TO MOVE FURTHER WEST.

Aren't the Powers That Be listening to me at all? I feel I've done good work for the greater good. I feel I've listened, paid attention, worked with the Powers. I am annoyed that there seems to be very little interest in working with me on what I want. As a rule, I don't ask for much, and dammit, I am tired of moving. I feel I've barely gotten settled from the last move and I had to look really hard to get my head and heart around the whys and wherefores of being here, but I became okay with it. I understood. I complied. I worked with it.

Surely there's a little compensation due me, even if it's just to leave me where I am? I mean, I'm in a really good central location. Can't I do whatever I need to do from here?

*sigh* pleasedontmovemepleasedontmovemepleasedontmovemeAGAIN.

No comments: