Tuesday, September 14, 2004

I'm irritable, impatient, restless, and frustrated, over nothing and everything. While I'm usually very tolerant of other people and their gripes, I'm not right now. I feel that most of them are whining, narrow-minded, irrational, or just stupid

This grating intolerance is not me. Is it hormonal? Has my shielding finally thinned out to nothing? Am I just too freakin raked over in my own life to have any positive energy left? Or, are people indeed griping more? Is everyone's life feeling like sandpaper right now? It's not just every day life. It's also weather and war and politics and crime... All the BS seems to be escalating.

Here's a crackpot theory for ya... As I've mentioned to some, I believe a nearby asteroid is contributing to the disturbances over the surface of this planet. Yes, I know that military and political conflict, as well as extreme weather and other geological turmoil, are cyclical in nature. But I swear I'm convinced that the asteroid Toutatis is magnifying these disturbances with its approach. The pressure is on and building. An asteroid doesn't pop onto the scene for a day then pop out again. Toutatis has been approaching and will come closest on September 29th/30th, then will pull away. It's one of the largest of the known asteroids which regularly passes close to the Earth, and it's coming as close as it has been since about 1801.

I am not suggesting there will be a comet impact, only that the near passage creates friction between the electromagnetic fields of Toutatis and Earth. It's not a monstrous clash, but enough to put extra pressure on the approach and tug on retreat. It certainly feels like we're under pressure right now.

If my suspicion is correct, then I expect a different sort of disturbance on Toutatis' exit. I would logically expect all the pressure points to go in the other direction, ie, the lid comes off, in some cases. Over the next few months after the closest point (end of Sept), I wouldn't be surprised to find that some conflicts come to a head and then maybe get resolved or just fade out of focus. I also feel there will be an increase in geologic effects. It makes sense to me that if pressure is being applied to already tense spots (ala faults and volcanoes), then the asteroid's tug as it pulls away may bring a lot of that stored energy to the surface, more suddenly and violently than if the pressure had not been applied.

In other words, we may be in a pressure cooker that most of the world isn't aware of, except for the effects, which seem to bear no correlation to each other. I think there IS a correlation and it's a funky shaped rock spinning past this planet.

Then again, I could be wrong.

No comments: