Friday, August 12, 2005

I looked charp, felt goot, had phun! *snicker* Fewer people attended the 30th reunion than the 20th, but that's to be expected, I think, as people move further away from high school in the throes of life. However, most of those who did return were very happy to share an evening of nostalgia. I was surprised at how much difference even 10 years makes. It's like someone turned on the weight, turned off the hair and/or applied the bleach... just natural aging effects. The unexpected development was the realization that I had known some of these people long before high school, all the way back to elementary school. Pretty interesting, and even profound, to have a casual and yet such a long term relationship with several folks. Yeah, the dynamics of being human, of social interactions, of tendencies and potentials... it's just all fascinating. I sometimes wish I could remember now what I might have wanted for myself way back when, but then, I surely am where I was meant to be, or I wouldn't be here.

No comments: