Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I used to think I'd be quite content to work away in my own little closet somewhere in the world. I still think that sometimes. In fact, I'm actually in that situation for all practical purposes. I don't have to go out to work everyday. I pretty much stay at home, doing my own thing.

How I get out in the world is through the electronic and virtuality marvels of our age. I love being able to get to information in an instant, to go where my whims take me... without leaving my chair here.

I also find the human connections rather interesting through this medium. There are all kinds of new dimensions to human interaction that we just aren't likely to experience in ordinary face-to-face life. It brings the world closer together, in a way. Certainly makes it possible to meet people we'd never run into otherwise.

But many of the dynamics are the same. It's still human interaction. There are still people who come into our lives for a 'reason, a season, or a lifetime' and it's still hard to know which people are which.. and what the reasons are.

And when a conflict arises, even though it's not in-person, I still hate it. I don't want to have to fight with anyone who seems hellbent on frosting my wheaties. Nor do I like getting into a tiff with someone I sure wouldn't want to lose. But, things happen. Whether it's a comfy connection or a grating one, it ain't over til it's over and you don't know it's gonna be over, for sure, ahead of time. You just have to see how it all unfolds. "To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven..."

No comments: