Sunday, May 08, 2005

I'm fairly sure I've never thought in my life that I'd have reason to say: I spent a weekend in Oklahoma. Muskogee, no less. And I had fun ;) I only went to the ren faire one day but it was the whole day and I had a great time. I was worn out by the time it was over, just from all the walking and looking. Big place, lots and lots of people. I felt perfectly at home in my garb, though I spoke without an accent other than my natural one. I caught most of the shows, which were quite entertaining. Though I was there for over 7 hours, I didn't get around to quite everything. I may just have to go back before it's over. It's on for every weekend in May.

One highlight of the day occurred as I was under a shade tree and eating my lunch while watching part of the tournament. The sandwich I'd chosen was a bit messy and as a wiped my mouth, a traveling player stopped by. He said, "My lady, watching you do that makes me wish I'd died and come back as a dinner napkin." Oh my, yes, I was flattered. I could only giggle and blush as he moved on.

I've noticed at this and the other faire that the regulars who are working the thing are quite appreciative of people who come to play the game, even just by dressing up. It's more fun for me too, not just to get to wear the clothes, but to feel a part of it. I know from being asked a question here and there by other visitors that I fit in. I like that feeling, a lot.
~

No comments: